Looking to step up your game in blackjack? There are plenty of ways to do it. Now many will write about tips on how to better your game. These are all very fine, well and good. For this article I am taking a different approach. I want to educate you on some of the mistake people make. The sole purpose of this is for you to learn what not to do. So many have made these mistakes before, now you don’t have to. Sit back and listen.
1) Acquaint yourself with the rules. Now all games are the same. Some come with some really good rules and advantages. Other gams tend to suck a bit more. Here’s a hint, the dealer is not going to tell you what you have gotten yourself into. He or she figures that as long as you put down the money, you are in. Do some investigating.
2) Find out what blackjack game you like to play. If you aren’t sure, look around and see what tables are of interested. As I stated above, not all games are the same. This requires some legwork on your end. You wouldn’t buy a car before you know whether it’s a lemon or not. Same rules apply to blackjack.
3) There are two types of games which most casinos offer. There is 3-2 or 6-5. Here’s a hint dear readers, the 6-5 games are the worst. Only get involved with games that offer a 3-2 ratio. If you have problems telling the difference, ask the dealer before you sit down. Once you begin playing you are in. Make this choice wisely.
4) Never set your sights on the progressive games. This has happened too many times. The only time you should be betting higher is when you have un-played cards that have higher stakes in them. If you have 6 un-played cards and 4 of them are higher then the rest, then bet high. Outside of this, you should never take the risk. Why? Progressive games will have you betting more then you normally would. This is bad, especially if you have a set number that you normally work with.
5) Stay away from the “hunches.” This is a big mistake. I have seen it happen so often. Hunches never work. I have heard so many times “I have a hunch. I know what I am doing.” Let’s be honest, the person has no idea what he or she is doing. Don’t be fooled by the “hunch” strategy. It rarely works. The only thing it amounts to is a lot money loss. Use a basic strategy, even if you have an edge on the house. Simple and basic always works best.
6) Side betting is not something I would advise doing. Here’s the deal. Each side bet will only cost you a buck. It doesn’t sound like a lot in the beginning. It will add up. Unless you know for sure a big win is in the cards, you will lose out. The more money you put away from side betting, the deeper the loss will be. Do yourself a favor, just don’t do it.
7) This is a dangerous game to play. Yes it’s fun, but it does cost to play. Your bank account needs to stay afloat before, during and after the game. One of the worst things you can do is bet over your limit. It’s true you might end up winning. Each of those wins needs to be offset by the amount in your bank account. Your takeaway needs to be at least your minimum bet amount times 100. This is something very few think about. Don’t wait till it’s too late.
8) Don’t blame the dealer. As people begin to lose, they take it out on the person dealing the cards. The dealer has nothing to do with a win or lose. It has to do with the cards, pay attention to them instead. Just stay focused and calm, leave the dealer out of it.
Find more blackjack tips at Webeden.